Solved! Go to solution

ST9 - Replace background - default file

When replacoing a background in ST9 draft SE looks in the SE default template file, even if you change the draft file path in your options. 

Also SE doesn't remember your last path where you searched for a teplate background sheet...

Our VAR explained me were I could change the default path for a backround change, it is somewhere hidden in the windows register, but for some unknown reason that setting is lost...

I don't want to bother our VAR again, does somenone here know were I can change that?

xbwZ3E9

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user
7 REPLIES

Re: ST9 - Replace background - default file

You would have thought it would use the User Templates location in the file locations tab of SE settings, but it doesn't appear to.  This might have been what your VAR was thinking of?

I don't know of any registry hacks to do this unfortunatley. The best workaround would be to create a shortcut file in C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Template to the location you want, which will at least speed things up a bit.

Go back to your VAR I'm sure they won't mind.

Get them to send you a screen shot of the registry entry.

Post it here too...
Edging since V18
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joris
‎10-20-2016 04:49 AM

[ Edited ]

I went back to our VAR  . Smiley Tongue

adopt-id wrote:

Via Windows -> regedit.exe -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Unigraphics Solutions –> Solid Edge –> Version ST9 à Template path

Windows -> regedit.exe -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node ->  Unigraphics Solutions –> Solid Edge –> Version ST9 à Template path

So, this is a good start, but I also want to choose a default file. @Siemens?
...........................................................................................................

I've never had to do this operation.

Could you explain the circumstances of an occasion when you would do this?

I usually set up my draft template with all the backgounds I need, using copy and shift-paste to move them from one file to another.

Edging since V18

Our company is moved, so a new address and the logo is changed.

So I made a new background.

I see, so how many times are you going to do this?

If it's a few hundred you might want to get someone to program a macro to do it.

I could help you find someone, I only know a bit about programming SE

Edging since V18

I just setup a shortcut in the C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Template folder and this does work to quickly get to to your Template folder. It helps me as my template folder is on another server, so it was several clicks to get to it each time.

This needs to be corrected to the default template file in SE options though.

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development
Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA
T +1 419 525 8554

gary.dinges@emerson.com