Solved! Go to solution

ST9 Replace psm and default search is "Top Level Assembly document"

When I replace a par or asm in an assembly it automatically searches those file types. When I try to replace a psm it defaults to Top Level Assembly document. Is this a bug or is there someplace to set that search option?

11 REPLIES

Re: ST9 Replace psm and default search is "Top Level Assembly document"

That's interesting. I can confirm that is the behavior for me as well.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

It has been that way for many years, as long as I can remember.

No, it was not that way in ST8. I've swapped out lots of psm files without having to manually select psm.

Wouldn't it replace that part for whatever assembly you are doing the work in? Would you want it any other way?

Just to confirm, Lets say you are replacing an assembly that is part of another assembly, you would expect it to stay as a sub part of what ever sub assembly the original part was a member of rather than what is open at the time of replacement.

[ Edited ]

@12GAGE, it seems to ONLY affect "PSM" files, when wanting to replace them, in an assembly. Works perfectly if you were wanting to replace every PSM with an "Top Level ASM"every time, but that is not how the other auto-selects are working.........clearly a regression in ST9, that needs to be logged with GTAC.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Maybe I didn't explain well enough. If I have an assembly that has solid .par parts, sub-assemblies and .psm sheet metal parts and I click on a .par and "Replace Part" the folder it opens will automatically list any .par files in that folder. The same happens is I want to replace an assembly, it will show me only assembly files in the folder. In ST9 if I click on a .psm part the default search extension comes up "Top Level Assembly document" not Sheet Metal Parts (*.psm).

Charley Highlander } Engineering
Wood Stone Corporation
ext 230 * t. 360.756.5739 * tf. 1.800.988.8103 * f. 1.360.650.1166

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain confidential and privileged information. Unless you are the intended addressee, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message.

So how does it get logged with GTAC?

Wood Stone Corporation

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain confidential and privileged information. Unless you are the intended addressee, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message.

CharleyH wrote:
So how does it get logged with GTAC?

Hi Charley,

Contact your reseller [VAR].....and they will log it for you. This is the only formal option to those of us outside of USA, short of a Siemens employee picking it up from the forum and processing it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author CharleyH
‎11-16-2016 11:13 AM

Used the Help Pull Down from inside Solid Edge to log GTAC.

Thanks,

Wood Stone Corporation