Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST9-ST10 Set active version howto

I have installed both ST9 and ST10 for use with different customers, and I use the SetActiveVersion utility to switch form one to the other.

This morning the switch from ST10 to St9 didn't worked (it complained about a certain unspecified error) and I had to re-install ST9 (multiversion option) to have it working.

Is there something broken in the tool or there something special to do to make this operation?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: ST9-ST10 Set active version howto

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

SetActiveVersion is not supported for production environments.  From the Solid Edge readme file:

Multiple Installations

Multiple versions of Solid Edge are now allowed to be installed concurrently for testing core Solid Edge in a non-production environment. (Add-on products, such as Mold Tooling or Teamcenter Integration for Solid Edge (SEEC) or Solid Edge SP will not work.) The older version(s) must be installed first, and then ST10 must be installed silently. To switch between versions, you have to activate the version you want to use, and this is done with a new program called “SESetActiveVersion.exe”. The program is located on the installation media in the folder \Solid Edge\SptTools\SESetActiveVersion. You can run the program from any location. In the dialog box, select the version you want to use then select “Activate”; when the dialog box goes away the selected version is ready to be used. If a maintenance pack needs to be applied, be sure to activate the appropriate version of Solid Edge prior to the MP installation.

Note: Multiple version installations are not supported for production use. GTAC will only verify problems using a single version installation, as well as Development will only address problems that are reproducible using a single version installation. Multiple version installations are to be used only for comparing basic Solid Edge functionality for the purposes of demonstration or pre-upgrade testing. If you need to run multiple versions in a production environment Virtual Machine configurations are the recommended method. When moving to production, we recommend that you remove all versions, reboot the system, and then install a single product version.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

multi install is not supported for production work...

Versions must be installed sequentially.   So if you re-installed ST9  you will now need to re-install ST10...

Take a look at the README.  you should find multi install info therein.

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

About the answer "unsupported for environment production": I'm already aware of this, but I think I can still ask for an advice on the forum.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

AGREED!   Just a "CYOA" statement from Dave and Myself...  ESP from Dave.

Let us know if a re-install of ST10 (in order) helps.

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7