ST9 Standard Parts File Status

Builder
Builder

In previous versions I was able to bring in a parts from the Standard Parts Library and the file status was always "Available". Now it is "Released". The problem is that now I have to copy the file in order to rename the Title property and Material for my BOM to populate correctly because the released state is read-only.

I have looked through the datbase admin but cannot see where I can change how the file status is generated.

Anyone know what I can do to fix my problem?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: ST9 Standard Parts File Status

Phenom
Phenom

I use this staus changer macro -

http://barhamsoftware.com/SE_Tools/StatusChanger.zip

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Builder
Builder

Perfect, Thank you!

Experimenter
Experimenter

We have the same problem and the status changer does work for us. Thank you for that. However, I do like the way it worked before better, with parts always set to status "available". Why is a part always considered "released" now?  In my opinion it does not make sense to set parts to "released" when they are subject to change. When I use parts like profiles or piping it always has variable lengths. Also, we always change a few properties. So why the change in Standard Parts?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

HI @harrya

might one reason be, taht a standard part per definition is a part which is not changing anymore.

Otherwise it would be no standard part.

IMHO this status of lifecylce makes sense.

If You want to change a part based on a standrad part, then it isn't longer a standard part.

Ergo create a copy of it and immedieateley You have full access to it.

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

The need to have the file status as available is not to change the part but to set information contained in it like material, title, description, etc. to match our suppliers.

Is there a way to globally set these things where they are automatically applied for each category?

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @PM-DC

there first would be one solution which is an old macro by myself where YOu will be abnle to change teh status for several files in a directory structure in one step.

But this is German interface only!

But better it would be to be able changing properties even after released a file.

I thought there was an registry entry to deal with for achieving this capability.

But I must search for that.

This is nothing You do use daily and maybe I'm wrong with my reminders.

regards
Wolfgang