Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ST9 Terminates on Startup

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@RamonRuiz, Sounds like you have a corrupt Theme.  Have you done any customizing to your draft environment (like change the icons in the Quick Access Toolbar)?

I had this problem as well, only with themes for the Draft environment.  If I started in a Draft, everything was fine.  But if I worked on a model, part or assembly, then went back to Draft, Solid Edge was unresponsive.  I had to delete the Theme I created for the Draft environment.  Sucks that I can't put my most commonly used tools in the QAB for Draft, but that's the only solution I could find.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yep, I guess it´s a corrupted theme and Yes yesterday I added some buttons. Now it´s working but I don´t know how the theme is right again.

Builder
Builder

Scott would say you made all the right choices for trouble shooting and I'll add that over the years I've been using the options.xml and the SEadmin centralized management for SE I never try get to sophisticated with SE installs especially when I know im using SE ADmin for setup......

I always install the vanilla base 1st without any interferance from previous versions or existing seedfiles.....I mean I do but I separate the processes in order to avoid install errors.  

In saying that ST9 is the first version I have encountered that has caused unknown install problems on either Win7 or win10.  I noticed a lot of other CAD products provide flexible deployment options and beleive Siemens will eventually do the same for their users.

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Friend.

I just installed ST9 from my University and when I start the program it opens correctly! Then when I installed CamWorks dor Solid Edge SP3 2016. When I launch the program, I get the splash screen and then nothing.

I think it is the only one add-ins installed. Then When I uninstall the CamWorks and re start the ST9 it Open correctly again. 

Also I am using Office 2016.

Can you help me to solve it cause I have my University Thesis.

Thank you so much!

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello Friend.

I just installed ST9 from my University and when I start the program it opens correctly! Then when I installed CamWorks dor Solid Edge SP3 2016. When I launch the program, I get the splash screen and then nothing.

I think it is the only one add-ins installed. Then When I uninstall the CamWorks and re start the ST9 it Open correctly again.

Also I am using Office 2016.

Can you help me to solve it cause I have my University Thesis.

Thank you so much!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@FerAvila honestly, you should have started a new thread for your issue instead of hanging off an old thread.

With that said, review your software install order…

Uninstall  both CamWorks and Solid Edge.

Install CamWorks  first.

Then install Solid Edge.

Experimenter
Experimenter

@uk_dave  thanks for your advice. Sorry fon not start another issue. I have to recognice I am new in this stuff of forums.

I have uninstalled the CamWorks 2016 and the ST9 and re installed again in the order you sugested but It behave in the same way.

What else do you think!

I aprecciate so much your help in this matter.

Also I am going to star a new thread