ST9 WIN 10 main screen - views missing

Hello,

I am just after company upgrade to ST 9 + MP 1, and bug appeared in main screen in recent/pinned document page - the previews are broken - in preview is shown only top left corner of par/assembly or draft (see attached screenshot). Mostly you can see only blank background of file, and that is not very helpfull.

runs on W10 latest up & ST8 (MP 8-10) was not affected by this bugBez názvu.jpg

6 REPLIES

Re: ST9 WIN 10 main screen - views missing

Hello, this is a known Issue.

Let me guess, your files are stored on a network drive....

Here the PR

PR #: 7850243
Date: Oct-07-2016
Product: SOLID_EDGE
Product Version: V109MP1
Application: application
Function: ui
Release: V109MP1
Platform: INTL64
OS Version: 1064
Category: SOFTWARE

Subject: the icon in front of the recent files just shows a small subarea of the preview

Symptom
Modeling Mode: N/A

Data Case Checked-in to PRDT: Yes

File (Size): 7850243-a.zip (12.511.442 bytes)

Description: The icon (thumbnail) in front of the recent files just shows a small top left subarea of the preview if the file is stored on a network drive. If the same file will be placed on a local drive the icon shows the whole preview of the file.

Steps To Reproduce:
- watch the video icon_recent_files_local_vs_network.wmv in addition
- copy the attached file icon_recent_files_local_vs_network.par to a directory on a local drive and on a network drive
- open and close both files within a ST9 session
- check the icon in front of the listing in the 'Recent Files' area
- notice that the icon of the network file just shows a small top left subarea of the preview
- notice that the icon of the local file properly shows the whole preview

Additional Note:
- the video zoom_and_pan.wmv documents the dependance on where the geometry is placed and saved in the file
- the situation is unchanged in the Beta build of ST9 MP2 (109.00.02.004)
- the situation is reproducible on Windows 7 and Windows 10

Workaround/Solution: None

Latest Version Tested: 109.00.01.006 

Microsoft OS Version: Win7 64bit, Win10 64bit

File Specific: No

Abort: No

Root Cause: LA
Solution
Siemens PLM believes that the problem you reported where the icon in front of the recent files just shows a small subarea of the preview will be resolved by code changes made to the release of our product Solid Edge version ST10.

Hope i helped yuo out 

Greetings christian

[ Edited ]

YEAH! Thast is very funny and any real solution? this sounds like WE FU**bleep**ED IT, BECAUSE WE ARE BUNCH OF ID**bleep**TS BUT IN NEXT VERSION WE WILL USE OLD CODE. at least It will looks like we done something better in next version...

Sorry Nigthmare,

I don´t have any "real" Solution.....

maybe you can also make a Siemens Call, that this issue becomes a little bit more priority....

Greetings Christian

[ Edited ]

I wonder why this can not be resolved by upcoming MPs?

At least large thumbnails are correct when hoover over with mouse arrow on small thumbnails:

pic1.png

Ota

In product development, it is standard procedure to:

1. Fix bugs in the version that is currently in development (ST10)
  2. Roll back fixes to a previous version if requested by the customer/s, it still under maintenance (ST9), and it is technically feasible.

So you will almost always automatically see a resolution letter stated it is fixed in the version that is in active development and you need to always ask that it be patched in the version you are currently using if it is important to you.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

In my eyes, standard procedure is:
1. to **bleep** up properly working part and piss off user
2. now we have reason to create new corrected version (of course its just old originally working solution)
3. Ruin something else

and I am very surprised at the idea of how the "ST" is tested.
Previews on Main screen are broken - is so hard to notice ...
may be little change in approach will not be bad stop using user as your testing lab and show some hard work instead.

and at last, Offer solution in ST 10 just after releasing ST 9 is like insult most of "free to use" software have better support than this