ST9 mp6 Draft views not updating

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is anyone else having issues with Draft views not updating on ST9 mp6?  I have a few users that are running into dft files that just sit and spin, but never complete the update views process.  I just ran the "repair" option on Solid Edge and a file that was not working started to work again on the problem computer.  (NOTE: the views updated just fine on 2 other computers...one running mp5 and the other mp 6.)

9 REPLIES

Re: ST9 mp6 Draft views not updating

Phenom
Phenom

I've had a issue with a particular draft of a very large asm in ST9 (not related to any particular MP that I'm aware of) where clicking to update all views would sit and process for a while, but not actually update the views once it had finished.

The resolution was to right click on and manually update one of the views, then magically the update all button would work again!

Not sure if that's what you're seeing...?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Have you tried using Ctrl-Shift-UpdateViews?   This typically will force update all views.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is very random.  One time I was able to click on each view individually and it worked.  Other times I had to bring in new views altogether, other times that didn't even correct it.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

I have heard of drawing views getting hung up randomnly from time to time.  In my experience force updating  either on individual views (right click on view ctrl-shift-update) or doing it with all views (ctrl-shift-update views), has typically fixed any issue that was causing it not to update, but I would imagine there are files where the force update won't work.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@MikeSaari, I just now had a user come to me and tell me that he's been having problems just like yours with an update views on fairly large multi-view draft. The forever spinning circle.

I suggested to kill the task, reopen the draft and use ctrl-shift-update views. That worked.

Open question: why?

Have you submitted an IR?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have not entered an IR.  I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this.  Users seem to believe it started with mp 6.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@MikeSaari, Well it's difficult when it's not happening on all workstations and/or not repeatable.

I told the user to let me know if he sees it again. If I get something repeatable I'll submit it.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have re-opened one of the files that was giving us problems, but we go it to update views, but now it's locking up SE again when I try to do an Update All Views.  The assembly consists of roughly 250 parts.  I did a pack-n-go on it and I will now submit and IR.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
IR # 8856446