ST9 - reconect of a reference axis make the dimension disappear

Phenom
Phenom

The quantity of problem that appear just after 1 day make me feel that install ST9 was not a good move.

 

Now a simple task like reconect an axis in draft make a dimension disappear. I can't believe this is still there after 4 MPs.

 

 

- Unzip the file

- Open 803101163.dft

- Re-Connect the red axis on any edge

- Dimension 40 disapper

 

Also notice that the triangle baloon doesn't disappear when the axis is reconnected.

 

Really feeling disapointed

3 REPLIES

Re: ST9 - reconect of a reference axis make the dimension disappear

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

 

My result is same as yours. Smiley Sad I've tested it on ST8 and everything is ok, but on ST9 MP2 & MP4 is not good. When trying to reattach centerline to lines, don't use "ALT" only drag&drop by handle, this can be a workaround.

 

I think, this is an unnecessary behavior...

 

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Re: ST9 - reconect of a reference axis make the dimension disappear

Phenom
Phenom

Imics wrote:

Hi,

 

My result is same as yours. Smiley Sad I've tested it on ST8 and everything is ok, but on ST9 MP2 & MP4 is not good. When trying to reattach centerline to lines, don't use "ALT" only drag&drop by handle, this can be a workaround.

 

I think, this is an unnecessary behavior...

 

BR,


The workaround is valid only when the centerline is not connected to any geometry.

In case the center line is already connected to geometry and you want to connect to other geometry you can't avoid to press the ALT key.

 

I have logged an IR and it is already converted to PR 7938136

 

Feel free to add you voice to the PR to escalate priority

Re: ST9 - reconect of a reference axis make the dimension disappear

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have the same problem often. After re-sizing sheet metal, the dimensions attached to the flat pattern can jump from one end to another. 40% of the time I can get it to move. the other 60% of the time I can, and the dimension has to be replaced. This is a huge pain becuase replacing also forces me to repair some downstream variable work that was based on the dimension.

 

I think this and the old "sketch flipping" issue that was repaird by imics championing are both a result of the differance between assembly and part plane directions default being different.

 

I also think it relates to the origional size of the dimension becoming smaller. When the dimension grows, it never detaches. But when the dimension shrinks below the origional placement, then there is a chance of detachment.