ST9 - right click "show all" in assembly pathfinder requires multiple tries

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I've noticed that I have to perform a right click "show all" in the pathfinder at least twice to get all the parts in a subassembly to show up.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
11 REPLIES

Re: ST9 - right click "show all" in assembly pathfinder requires multiple tries

Phenom
Phenom

Yup,

There are numerous problems like this.... very annoying. This is one of many Video issues plaguing SE.

The other thing I find happening a lot is losing the ability to grab coordinates, such as ends, mid points, etc.  The only way to cure it is to use the Ctrl. U command to update it, or even sometimes a full SAVE. 

Since late ST8 MP releases, the problems with video has been horrible.

Bob

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The one that gets me is when the vid card runs out of gas (Memory runs out because of lack of vid ram clean up).

Once this happens, I can no longer select a sketch and have to reboot the computer. Frustrating to be trucking along and see that sketch you can't select.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kyle

This issue was reported by me to my upstream vendor, who then in turn confirmed this issue and escalated it to GTAC with the following response from GTAC:

The issue has been accepted as Serious and forwarded to development for rectification:

"Your recent call to the Technical Access Center, Incident Report (IR) Number 7813587 opened on 21-SEP-2016, has been researched by our GTAC software engineers. It has been determined that this IR requires resolution by our SOLID_EDGE development team. This IR was converted into a problem report (PR) 22-SEP-2016 and is now referenced as PR Number 7813587, with a priority code of 2 Serious."
We will keep you informed on the progress of this issue.

Hopefully this minor annoyance will be resolved with the next maintenance pack.

Pieter

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I reviewed Pieter's PR 7813587 .  I will escalate it in our weekly Change Control Board (CCB) tomorrow. 

I see this comment in the PR:

• Note that this is not reproducible off site <with another assembly>, I have requested the assembly they are working on but this may take some time to get because of the size of the model.

@kjoiner if you have a smaller assembly where you can consistently reproduce the problem, that will likely be a great help to the development team.   You can email it to me (watson.laura@siemens.com), and I can have it added to the PR testcase.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The HSV test team has reproduced the problem with two local testcases.  I escalated the PR.

Laura

Phenom
Phenom

Now that's service!

I'd still be fighting with a VAR to even get a PR submitted with our "other" software.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

RyanM wrote:

Now that's service!

Totally agree @RyanM!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

GTAC is what makes me like Solid Edge. You can actually call to find out if your situation is a bug or user error. No other perametric CAD software does this as well.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

12 Gage,

"GTAC is what makes me like Solid Edge"

I couldn't agree more.  GTAC is the "secret weapon" of Solid Edge.  They can almost read my mind when I call them up with issues.  I always look for them at SEU and tell them what a great job they do for SE customers.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1