ST9 save as

Genius
Genius

Hi,

in ST8 we would go save as and create a .dxf drawing into a specific folder, everytime we would go save as it would stay at the correct location.

in ST9 if we go save as its always at the last folder location we have been working in.

Is there a way to make it stay like it did in ST8 ?

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9
3 REPLIES

Re: ST9 save as

Legend
Legend

I remember that problem, was the same when printing to a pdf, but now it remembers the last place I saved based on extension.  A wonderful feature!  But it’s a trick to find and I cannot remember it.

You can try going to options->File Management->"File naming rules section" and selecting the "None" radio button.  This may not be an option for you based on what kind of PDM system you are using.  This option causes the pdf, dxf, whatever you're saving as to have the same file name as the file you are saving/printing but with a new extension.  There are other options on that page that may achieve the effect you are looking for.  IIRC, the option name may have nothing to do with remembering the last place you saved a dxf.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.

Genius
Genius
bnemec,

we don't have a PDM system at this point, sounds like you have a nice feature to control that.

Mervin D. Yoder
CAD | Designing
keimlumber ST9

Legend
Legend
Unless you consider the "Honor System" a system... Smiley Happy The process we have in place works well, but could use improvements as we grow.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.