Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Save Generative Design

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@dcstaples wrote:

I should also note that with the upcoming Solid Edge release this summer, we will move the bar even farther forward on Generative. But the advancements will be primarily in Generative Design Pro, as you already get a boatload of capability "for free" with the Generative in Classic/Premium. So if you get onboard now with Generative Design Pro, it only get's better from here....

Cant wait!

-Craig

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have the premium version of solid edge but I'm still having issues getting the generative design to detach for my part. Someone has been able to sucessfully detach and print a generative design part from this workstation before, but that was the only time it's worked. Every time the generative design completes I get a message saying that I should adjust offset values or increase study quality (even when the design was made with the highest available study quality). When I try to detach anyway I get an error message saying the solution is invalid. I've been fiddeling with offsets of the preserved faces, forces, pins. I've tried to not have any preserved faces overlap with pins. The generative design webinar was no help and the many of the tutorials just show the generative design and never go as far as to detach the generative design from the design body. 

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@MrWashbear wrote:

I have the premium version of solid edge but I'm still having issues getting the generative design to detach for my part. Someone has been able to sucessfully detach and print a generative design part from this workstation before, but that was the only time it's worked. Every time the generative design completes I get a message saying that I should adjust offset values or increase study quality (even when the design was made with the highest available study quality). When I try to detach anyway I get an error message saying the solution is invalid. I've been fiddeling with offsets of the preserved faces, forces, pins. I've tried to not have any preserved faces overlap with pins. The generative design webinar was no help and the many of the tutorials just show the generative design and never go as far as to detach the generative design from the design body. 

@MrWashbear I would recommend you log an IR so we can take a look at it. Was this created in ST10 or Solid Edge 2019? If it was created in 2019, we have started defaulting the offset values for loads, constraints, etc. to be the minimum recommended value that will give a good solution when you create them. If you created it in ST10, it may have been defaulting to a smaller value than the recommended value.

Greg