Save as a Parasolid 3D Assembly

We Design and Build Custom Machinery, and more and more I'm being requested to deliver along with the equipment all drawings (usually DXF) and now 3D models. We do have  NDA's with our customers and all our drawings claim ownership for the IP, etc. But what a bout 3D models.

I want to save the Assembly, which consists of over 500 parts, and add some sort of Confidentiality language to each of the parts.

Does anyone know of a fast methods to say populate the Properties data with a boilerplate statements. Or better yet I'd love to have a Splash Screen when parts are opened to remind the viewer user of the ownership of the the design.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

6 REPLIES

Re: Save as a Parasolid 3D Assembly

Bob,  the Binder comes to mind.. YOu cound add a word doc via the binder but it wont show unless you go there manually.

Otherwise just make a PMI callout that is exposed or a sketch with text...and make sure these are exposed when saved?

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

You could add a custom property and populate it through the property manager. Copy one entry and highlight the whole column and paste. I'm not sure how to display it, though. Maybe a callout on the base plane? That sounds like a lot of work. Some custom code might be the real solution.
Using SE since V12, 2002

[ Edited ]

I do this several different ways depending on what my goal with the 'language' is...

Matt's solution is the easy way, but realistically if the part files are being passed around, it is going to take someone with a decent amount of knowledge and a desire to look to dig into the properties and even find your boilerplate statement.

I wrote a little macro to insert 'in-your-face' information like critical material sizes, disclaimers, reminders, etc.. into a sketch in giant letters in each part document when exporting and sending to vendors, customers, etc. This sounds more like what you want than just some hidden custom properties.

-Dylan Gondyke

Matt and Dylan,

Thanks for the ideas. I'd be interested in your macro Dylan, if you're inclined to share.

Bob

Bob,

In review...  IF you are converting this to Parasolid  neither of these tips will work.  Once translated out of Native SE we do not handle the sketches anymore or the binder...  it essentianlly becomes another intermiandate file format with no metadata...???

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

Of course you could always etch it on the part.
Using SE since V12, 2002