Saving/Exporting .dft file to a .pgn with transparent background

Genius
Genius

I'm trying to save a submital type drawing, it will be diplayed in a program for customers to order, to a .png or a .gif with a transparent background.I can save as a .pdf and then open Acrobat and save as a .png, but the backgound is'nt trasnparent... :\

Does anyone know of a convertion software of some sort? I haven't seen one yet...but I also haven't been to the end of the internet...

Thanks in advanced...

2 REPLIES

Re: Saving/Exporting .dft file to a .pgn with transparent background

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You can save the Draft to an image type (TIFF, BMP, JPG) directly using the Save As Image command. You can then open in an image app like GIMP or Paint.net to make the background transparent and save as PNG.

Doubt there is any direct method that would not require creating a custom automation application.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: Saving/Exporting .dft file to a .pgn with transparent background

Genius
Genius

I downloaded GIMP and it worked...but took way too long...I have about 400+ files to go through, YIKES!

We ended up getting a 30 day trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements, it's only $70, and when you import a PDF it automatically makes a transparent background...just like full blown Photoshop. Much easier than having to go through multiple steps to make it transparent in GIMP.