Saving some assembly to another assembley

Hi,

I am asking, is it possible to save certain parts in a assembley to another folder destination, from a assmbley already designed, i have a big assembley, but only need a 3rd of that assembley saving, but would like to put the parts i need from that assembley to another destination folder in one go. or would i have to save them individually to another destination folder.

Paul

6 REPLIES

Re: Saving some assembly to another assembley

The Insert Assembly Copy command has option to include or exclude parts from the assembly being copied.

You can use this to suit your requirements.

~Tushar

Revision manager would be your best avenue.

If you want to copy the parts, use one of the above two methods. If you just want to create a subassembly use the transfer command.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

Alternatively you can use Pack-n-Go and select the assembly.

Inside Pack-n-Go, you can remove unwanted files and pack the rest to a zip.

Unzip the file later to get the desired Part files.

Hope this helps.

PnGSE.png

The Pack-n-Go program was written by, your's sincerely - myself !

Download the program from this page.

Download the source code and read a tutorial on how Pack-n-Go was coded from this page.

~Tushar Suradkar

Gentlemen,

You are a massive help as always, really appreciate this,

I did not realise there are so many ways to do this.

Paul

[ Edited ]

If you are in an unmanaged environment, and want to edit the copy separately from the original.

Revision manager copy, or Just using windows explorer to copy the desired files to a new area can both work. Most here will frown on using windows to copy, but If the assembly is a multi-headed dragon within it's self, that can save the learning curve of using revision manager piecemeal.