Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan 3D STL to SolidEdge Part, Body

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello,
 I need Yours advice Smiley Wink
I have 3D scan file (attched), that is terrible and not very nice, like in youtube video lessons Smiley Happy i use Solid Edge and I need Your best expierence, how to do fast and easy to nice body, it must be correct rectangular with bounded top, without mesh lines ,correct planes and scale (like in attached picture) and with possibility to change, dimensions, edit surface and etc. Most important thing, that I can to do in the future by myself a similar file. If You will attach *.part file, in which can be visible history, or youtube video link with step by step and send me to "solidedge3@gmail.com" , I will be very thankful and ready to deal with You for reward. 
Let's do this challenge Smiley Wink
2 REPLIES

Re: Scan 3D STL to SolidEdge Part, Body

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

You have many contradictory requirements.

Fast & Easy cant live with Reverse engineering

Correct and rectangular don't live together in the world of reverse engineering

I will not get into details of reverse engineering any more, I get too pissed off. Perhaps a paper I wrote on the subject can help. Attached.

The number one issues with the subject is explaining to people that if you want accurate usable models of a scanned box, up front you have to decide on how much accuracy will be thrown out to make things simple. You want 90 deg corners, a floor flat to world? or do you want an accurate representation of the scan data. Pick one, you don't get both. The fastest way to get somewhat close to both is trace the point after the points are aligned to a coordinate system.

Re: Scan 3D STL to SolidEdge Part, Body

Pioneer
Pioneer

First, I want to thank You for comments.

I think my requirements are objective Smiley Happy  Fast & Easy, it means as you understand. I understand, that to do nice part from scaned file, need time and hard work and this one I can't dispute, but aim in nowadays is more fast and more easy and that can say who have a lot of expierence. I am new in this job. I know that are several ways to process that scaned file, but I want to know, how work and resolve it other solid edge users, that functions use and etc. (attached tool bar example). A problem is, that I get what I get, I didn't scan by my own, I just receive scaned file. Most important place in this file is surface, how to repeat more closer to original. Maybe someone use add ons, combinied with other programs and etc. Corners, ground can be modified and done later, I think it is not problem.  Last thing, that need to do, correct and modify how want a client and save to STP and this is a reason, why must be possibility to modify Smiley Happy

As I understand, You know more about scaning, but do You use solid edge program ?