Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Arrow not complying to ISO 128-30

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is there any way to customize the section and aux view arrow dimensions? 

Sin título.png

I want to change the angle. I know there is no option in Solid Edge to customize it but I don´t know if there is a way to change it tweaking some file.

5 REPLIES

Re: Section View Arrow not complaining to ISO 128-30

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I do not believe there is any way of changing it.  I would suggest contacting your VAR to have them create an Incedent Report with Siemens in regard to the arrow not following the ISO standard if that is the case.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP7, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Betreff: Section View Arrow not complaining to ISO 128-30

Hi @RamonRuiz

Hi @KennyG (You answered just when I was writing my answer)

I think You nearly can define anything You want to get.

Just go into the properties of the dimension style (section) and change those values according to what You like or what the standard says.

20180327_1817.PNG

Just see above picture and the grid behind which indicates the length of 5mm with a height of the text of 5mm too having a line width of 0.5mm

Exactly what You want to have too.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Section View Arrow not complying to ISO 128-30

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your help but that´s not a solution. I knew I can change the relative size of an arrow, but that´s not the problem. The angle between the two sloped lines is not complying with ISO, It has to be 30º. It´s not the only thing not complying to ISO.

Sorry for my mispell but I meant complying and not complaining

Best regards

Hi @RamonRuiz

so then I'm sorry to not be able helping, but this is the first time that someone claimed a problem with the approx 22° instead of 30° arrow angle.

And any standard always only is a recommendation but never a rule or law!

But of course man could wish to have the arrow angle as paremter available for individual setting.

So just make an ER

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Recently I had access to several ISO standards to update my company standards and I´m in the process of reviewing everything so that´s the reason I found that. I can´t open an ER cos I´m not in maintenance, I just wanna knew if there was a way to customize it outside opening an ER. 

ISO and norms are recomendations but if you have styles named ISO I expect to fully comply with the norm. The angle I measured is 18,4º, not 22º.

Thanks for your help and taking your time to read and answer the post.