Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected part in asm wont highlight

Builder
Builder

Hello,

I have recently installed ST9 on a new computer for a fellow associate, using the same disk that I installed mine and my bosses solid edge. Everything seems as it should be except that instead of highlighting an entire part, it only is outlining it, and if selecting more than one part it isn't showing any selection at all. Although it does highlight in the pathfinder. Been all through option settings comparing both computers. Even uninstalled the program, same result. It is difficult to work with, any ideas appreciated. Thanks guys!  

5 REPLIES

Re: Selected part in asm wont highlight

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @michele,

How do the systems themselves compare? Usual suspect, is underlined, but many other factors can alter the base performance, on the same data. What license of Solid Edge ST9 are you working with, & do you have any Maintenance Pack installed?

Can you share info?  list these for each, to get a better picture of what is happening......CPU speed, RAM amount, SSD or HDD, Graphics Card & Driver version, Operating System.

Also, is your data Local on each computer or Network data?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP6] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Betreff: Selected part in asm wont highlight

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @michele

have You checked, wether the appropriate setting is there in the options tab:

20171107_0832.PNG

and wether the Fast Display Options are tunred off all:

20171107_0835.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @michele

has this solve Your problem now?

Is it working as it should?

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

I'm afraid not. All the settings are the same. Only difference is the button for Glow (0-3) is grayed out even though the box is checked. Not sure why. We are looking into the computer set up and grafics card.

Re: Selected part in asm wont highlight

Builder
Builder

The system is Intel (R) Core i7-7700, CPU @3.60 GHz, RAM 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, Graphics Driver NVIDIA 375.63, NVIDIA PhysX System 9.16.0318, no ST9 maintence pack yet installed, Classic SE with sheet metal. It is a newly added computer system set up by an outside IT company.