Set snap points for connectors on Block made for symbol imported from dwg file

Creator
Creator

Often I import as dwg files the symbols for valves, instruments etc. When adding them to drawings one wants connectors to only connect with specific points. e.g. For a simple ball valve there's only two such points: one on the inlet side and one on the outlet. 

But the connectors often snap to other corners on the symbol. That's annoying to have to undo. 

When I import and convert to a named block is there a way to set the snap points along with the origin of the block? 

3 REPLIES

Re: Set snap points for connectors on Block made for symbol imported from dwg file

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I think the only way to control that is with Intellisketch settings. A thought is maybe you could insert points at the connection points on the blocks and limit Intellisketch to points when inserting the blocks.

intellisketch.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Set snap points for connectors on Block made for symbol imported from dwg file

Creator
Creator
Thanks Bruce! I will try that.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I thought of another way you could do this.

You can create a layer while in the block file and name it something like NO_LOCATE then move all the elements you don't want to locate onto it.

Then in the main drawing after you place the first block the NO_LOCATE layer will show up in the layers tab.

Right click on that layer and make it non-locatable.

Not a perfect solution. Just throwing it out there.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com