Set translator folder in Solid Edge Options

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just like the material and holes folders, which you can predefine in the Options file, it would be great that also the translators folder could be predefined in the Options file.

There is a ER Number 7910879. Please support this ER!!

Greetz,

Jan Maas

NTS-Group

Netherlands

7 REPLIES

Re: Set translator folder in Solid Edge Options

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello,

Thanks for an ER..

I am just curious to know, how it is usefull to enhance your productivity? can you please elaborate?

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Betreff: Set translator folder in Solid Edge Options

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @jmaas

do You think about "where are all the INIs saved" or is your goal a different?

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Vaibhav,

We use the same (modified) settings corporate wide of several ini files in the translator folder.

Some examples:  In the Step.ini we place a warning in the description and place the name our company.

In the “JT.ini” we set the parameter to 1 JT-file, and some more changes of the default settings.

As mentioned: we do this corporate wide. Now we have to copy each time our corporate settings to every workstation. ( > 40)

I don’t understand that for instance, Material and Holes folder can be modified corporate wide with seAdmin utility but the Translator folder not (yet).

As I think about this, I would suggest that the locations of ALL configuration files should be modifiable. This would be a great advantage for administrators to control SE  corporate wide!!

Greetz,

Jan

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @jmaas

but AFAIK the settings of the INIs are stored in the User_Registry and therefore can be set once and rolled out to every user with a global user setting

Can this help to reduce Your admin work?

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Wolfgang,

yes we know, and we distribute registry settings to the users already.

But, what I should like, is an overall tool (more like a seadmin+++) to control all settings for users.

Now the settings are scaterred. (registry, ini's, xml-files....)

Greetz,

Jan

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @jmaas

Yes I totally agree with Your request for a centralized SolidEdge Setup and Option capability

Developement started with the new ST9 roll-out tool but since the username and local drive infos ard hard coded integrated into these options and stored setups they cannÄ't be used for a gloabl usage over the network for all users

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

I maybe missing the point but I thought options.xml and SEAdmin was used for centralizing each clients SE settings and seed file mappings globally by pointing the clients to your company xml file normally located on the CAD server.

I am only just started testing the preferences and settings function to see how practicle it is for multi user environments....

Ok I see now u r asking for the translation ini config files to be controlled globally like thru the SEadmin file....not sure they are even at ST9 so that does seem like a valid request...

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC