Set view configuration in view and markup

Is it possible to toggle between pre set view configurations when reviewing an assembly in view and markup ? I open the assembly I wish to view and markup and cannot see anywhere the option to flick between view configurations as defined in SE ?

Thanks

Antohny

7 REPLIES

Re: Set view configuration in view and markup

Hi,

if you mean "Display Configuratons" I am afraid it is not possible.

In earlier days of Solid Edge (ST4 and older) it was possible to switch view on assemblies using display configurations.

But then Siemens remove this function without ANY notification to end users. Even today some customers demands this feature back.

If you mean Named View, it is still possible to used them to switch view oriantation of assemblies.

Ota

Hello Ota,

Yes I am referring to Display Configuration as defined in the SE environment, it's very disappointing that they removed this feature, kind of removes most essential view functionality from View and Markup Smiley Mad Thanks for letting me know

Yes, I agree with you completely.

If you want, you can join the existing Enhancement request about this missing feature: ER6724040

Ota

Thanks Ota, can you post details of how I would join this request for this missing feature ?

Thanks

Antohny,

you could do it by yoursefl via GTAC. You must be register here to create "incident reports", that are converted to enhancement requests later.

But best way to joint this existing request is using our VAR (company that sold you the Solid Edge).

They are capable to create a request to this feature and referenced it to existing ER.

Ota

That's great, I appreciate the information, I'll get this enhancement request sent over to our vendor, was hoping to be able to use V&M but as this feature is missing I will have to use SE PMI instead Smiley Frustrated

[ Edited ]

You are welcome.

PMI is the possible way in View&Markup. Unfortunately it can not be used in free Solid Edge Viewer. Display Configurations were able to use in Viewer also in ST4 and older releases.

Edit: I found that if assembly has defined PMI Views and JT file asi created from assembly document (with PMI information saved), PMI Views can be used in SE Viewer.

Edit2: It is possible to use PMI views in SEViewer without JT, when assy is opened from assembly environment to View&Markup, PCF file can be saved with PMI views and be view in SEViewer.

Ota