I'm trying to get the ST9 Fast Search to work from a server share. I can get everything installed and from the server I can see the indexed SE attributes and can search for them in Explorer there. The server is "2012".
From the client, I tried adding a mapped drive for the indexed server share but when that location was added to the Look In field of SE Search, it was shown as a red folder signifying that it was not indexed. I then created a Network Location for the share and when adding that to the Look In field, it was then shown as green signifying it was indexed. I have also added the share to the FastSearchScope.txt file as a UNC path.
The problem is that from the client, where used on the server share or attribute searches to the share do not appear to be working. The client PC is Windows 10. I also don't seem to be able to search for any of the attributes from Windows Explorer on the client and cannot see the SE attributes for the folders on the share from Explorer on the client. I'm suspecting a compatability issue between my Windows 2012 server and my Windows 10 client.
when i add a folder from a mapped drive to the Look In field of SE Search, it is also shown as red folder. If i add the same folder with the UNC path (over "network neighborhood") it is shown as green folder.
But i think the search in Windows Explorer is working for me. I setup a library for SE on the client and added the shares with my SE files to the library.
I'm working on Windows 10 Clients, my Server is a SBS2011 Essentials (Server 2008R2 with some additions for Small Business) with ST9 Fast Search installed.