Shade some particular parts out of an assembly drawing view

Creator
Creator

Good evening,

In draft, is there a better way to shade some particular parts out of an assembly drawing view than using the "fill" tool, to put emphase on those more significant parts? The remaining parts have to be visible but not shaded.

Part shading 1.jpg

Part shading 1.jpg

ST6

Thanks

Eugene

7 REPLIES

Re: Shade some particular parts out of an assembly drawing view

Phenom
Phenom
Can you provide a couple images to better define what you are after?

Hi Eugene, Sure is, the way I do it is, have a shaded vi...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eugene,

Sure is, the way I do it is, have a shaded view of the assembly, edit the view properties, on the display tab, using CTRL + selecting the part[s] to un-highlight [should automatically all be highlighted] what you want to show, then un-check the "show" option.....this should then NOT display all of the highlighted parts in the selection set.

Maxim_640 [img-01a].png

Maxim_640 [img-01b].png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Shade some particular parts out of an assembly drawing view

Creator
Creator
I've edited my original post to add some images. Notice that the unshaded parts must remain visible.

Thanks

Re: Hi Eugene, Sure is, the way I do it is, have a shaded vi...

Creator
Creator
Hi Sean,

thanks for your answer. I should specify that the unshaded parts must remain visible. I've add some pictures to my original post to clarify my request.

Best regards

Eugene

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Eugene,

I see what your trying to do there. My only other suggestion closer to this, would be to change the display of all select set [less the un-selected parts to remain shaded] parts to be set to "Display as Reference"....

Maxim_640 [img-01c].png

Maxim_640 [img-01d].png

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Creator
Creator
Sean,

i'm quite satisfied with the solution you came up with ;-)
It's also possible to change the reference edge style (both visible and hidden) if i wish to use something different from the default phantom line style.

Here's the link to Solid Edge Help I've could find after reading your post :
http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/training/se/106/en_US/index.html#uid:refprt1a

There's a little bunch of useful options to set parts as reference directly from the assembly through the Occurence Properties command. Subsequently, we can check the "Derive display as reference from assembly" option.

There's an "Exclude Reference Parts" option to exclude reference parts from the parts list.

Thank you so much for helping

Happy new year

Eugene

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Very welcome.....glad I could help.
I advocate this method quite a bit in our shop drawings...makes a great connection between the component and the greater assembly.

A happy New Year to you also.
Sean Cresswell
Windows 10