Shading Issue - ST5

Creator
Creator

Currently having an issue with shading in drawings; issue as follows:

Turn on "Show shading in drawing views" and set to "300 pixels per inch" which appears to be the best setting. The test you are seeing in the attached screen-shot are solid parts that were extruded from text. There is an issue with shading when printing the drawings whereas the shading is "spotty" and shifted to one side which makes the text un-readable adn makes the solid parts look odd with the incorrect shading. I have attached a screenshot of a print to pdf that shows the same issue I get when I physicaly print. Curious if anyone has any ideas.

Specs are ST5 Version running on 12GB RAM, Intel Xeon CPU E5520 @ 2.27 GHz.

2 REPLIES

Betreff: Shading Issue - ST5

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @C_Berg

BTW what is the ident of having a part looking like a schematic block from a 3D part.

Maybe a different approach will get better results.

Can You upload Your 3D part and drawing here?

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Shading Issue - ST5

Creator
Creator

Wolfgang,

I am doing the schematic block as a 3D part based on the fact that it was done that way in the past and therefore I am continuing in that style for now so as not to re-do old work at this point. I am open to alternative ideas of doing a schematic, I have heard 2D Blocks as an idea but haven't had time to play around with it and will likely be doing so when I can get the time.

I agree it isn't the ideal approach for this but I am just trying to make it work. I can't upload that specific file due to privacy but I can make up a sample example if that would help. I just wasn't sure if it was an easy setting I might have missed somewhere.

Thanks,