Solved! Go to solution

Sheet Metal Gage

If we start a sheet metal part, we set our predefined "sheet metal gage" in the material table of the part.

Is it possible to display that predefined value on the draft of that part, so the construction people see which VE tu use to bend the plate?

PS: until now we don't use the flat patterns on drawings

8 REPLIES

Re: Sheet Metal Gage

"gage" is not currently exposed for use as property text...

BUT,  you can expose the material thickness variable and use that as property text as the best workaround currently.

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johan
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

You should be able to do this in ST6, its been working for me.
%{Gage|GP}
Using SE since V12, 2002

[ Edited ]

%{Gage|GP} does work, Thx

Great forum so far :-) 3 questions, 3 solutions

I am essentially a novice in solid edge and I'm a bit at a loss here. I am the only person in our company that consistently uses sheet metal, I am not sure what the question is here, I just pull a dimension off the metal thickness somewhere or put the thickness in the box we have for material specification.

Using Property Text in Draft and pulling such things as material and gauge from the attached model allows you to set up templates to automate the pulling and displaying of this data so you don't have to manually create a dimension or it lets you put it in the title block or in a note.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Another advantage is that you can set up gages based on nominal dimensions or gage number. Also I set up plate thickness as PL1/4 etc. We in the US may be that last ones working this way but there are still a lot of us!
Using SE since V12, 2002

Hello together,

I was searching for this solution and i am very happy to find it here...

I have just one problem, I use an german Solid Edge there this %{Gage|GP} is not found....

If i change my language to english it works fine....

Has anyone an idea to get the information without changing the language?

Thanks in advance

lking wrote:
You should be able to do this in ST6, its been working for me.
%{Gage|GP}

I found the solution on my own....

english UI --> %{Gage|GP}

german UI --> %{Blechtafel|GP}