Sheet Metal synchronous edit problem

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Dear All,

I am working with a client on sheet metal synchronous technology, their we are facing some issue like

i have created a base flange followed with tab flange. On my side flange i have created a cut of 125 degree on 100 mm from top and then created a contour flange followed by few operations like hole, dimple cut out. Now if want to edit that 125 degree to 110 degree, i am not able to do that without deleting it

Sheet metal file is also attached. Please help me in this regards. 

Regards,

Saksham Hans

6 REPLIES

Re: Sheet Metal synchronous edit problem

Legend
Legend

Delete the contour flange and do it in ordered. Be sure to delete the little fillet the sync contour flange leaves in the corner of the cut. You can re-use the flange sketch by finding it and right clicking on "restore".  It does not have to be transferred to ordered. Use "Select from Sketch" and select the sync sketch and then chain extent to select the edges but pick single edges. This is a great example of hybrid modeling because you can use it to separate the two update operations when you change the angle.

Using SE since V12, 2002

Legend
Legend

Here's the modified file:

Using SE since V12, 2002

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

After deleting the flange I found on the sketch that there was a gap between the tab and the sketch so I connected the end of the sketch line to the corner of the tab. Then it worked.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Legend
Legend
Funny I thought I tried that. I'm glad it worked!
Using SE since V12, 2002
Highlighted

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter
thanks for reply that is really a gud example of hybrid modelling but i am loking for a edit completely in synchronous.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Saksham wrote:
thanks for reply that is really a gud example of hybrid modelling but i am loking for a edit completely in synchronous.

Just curious: Why?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200