Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal material table thickness not changing to selected gage of material

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Everyone,

I created two materials following the steps below image in the material table 16Ga and 20Ga and when I change the from 16Ga to 20Ga material thickness doesn't seem to change to the correct gage.

Is this a bug or am I missing something that will make this work.

I have 50-100 files that I need to change the material gage from 16Ga to 20Ga.

Is there a batch process that I can use to change all in one shot?

Thanks

Teus

Steps followed.PNG

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Sheetmetal material table thickness not changing to selected gage of material

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @TS-GSSO

maybe You can take a short video, showing what You are doing and upload it to here?

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Sheetmetal material table thickness not changing to selected gage of material

Experimenter
Experimenter

(view in My Videos)

Also I find that switching to gage tab when I am using the excel file I get a server busy message all the time. Running Windows 10, Solid Edge ST10 SP5.

The video shows that the variables thickness are not retained when switching between gage 16 to 20.

When I tested a psm file in an assy and used physical property manager to switch the gage from one to the other and then updated, the thickness doesn't change. This is problomatic as I cannot trust that the material changed and updated correctly.

Thanks

Teus

Hi @TS-GSSO

Ok, I have understood now, what You are doing or better what You have done.

I believe, that here is a big difference in how You try to use and how it is thought to be used.

First and most important, the different gauges are extra properties to the complete material library file

So Your materials - with gauge names have nothing to do with the used gauges itself.

A material only specify physical material properties but no geometrical settings, like thickness, bend radius, act.

These now are infos stored at gauges, but independend of the real physical material.

So You have first to select the material (steel, alu , etc.) and second the gauge (2mm with 5mm bend radius).

This should and this will work.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

You need to save the material thickness into the gage. So change the thickness field to what you need it to be, and save that gage. This will make it so that when you select that gage, the thickness will change to what it is set up to be.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Phenom,

I have changed the Material thickness and saved but when I apply the other thickness and save tried that and the gauge doesn't seem to stay in the field.

I am thinking that this is broken because it shpu;d remember a material with the gage applied.

Thanks

Teus

Phenom
Phenom

@TS-GSSO

It appears that you are using it wrong. On the left is where the type of material is defined. What you need to do is select the materials, then select the gage. If you need to, use the "Add Gage" button next to the drop down menu.

See below video. I just recorded this quickly thinking it might help. There's no audo, but watch the cursor it is trying to point.

(view in My Videos)

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Hi @TS-GSSO

read my explanations above and watch the video by @nominus38 

regards
Wolfgang