Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i upgrade solid edge st10 to 2019?

Dear Community, 

I am using solid edge st10 from last one year and I am quite happy with this. I also keep updated SE st10 with maintenance pack. 

Now I am looking for new versions of solid edge which is 2019. So I want to know what are the major changes in these booths

Should I upgrade or not? is their any speed diffrence?

Thank you, ED

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Should i upgrade solid edge st10 to 2019?

Phenom
Phenom

There's a PDF noting the updates, and there's also a lot more in the SE2019 online help documentation. You'll have to make up your own mind as to whether you want to or not, but I'd say yes unless you have particular reasons not to.

There will not be significant performance differences.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you are on active paid maintenance and expect support for your Solid Edge product then yes, you will need to upgrade to SE2019.

ST10 is now officially end of life.

What’s new in SE2019: http://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/2019/se_help#uid:xid1129777:index_newse

Legend
Legend

Or wait  a few more weeks and install Solid Edge 2020.

When are 2020 official for download at GTAC?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @peterolofsson 

without knowing any exact detais, but in the last couple of years the release of every Solid Edge versions happend at the beginning of summer.

So to speak most I can remember were in July.

But to be honest, I personally would not update to an empty new version of SE without waiting at least for the first maintenance pack.

So best time for update IHMO is from September to October of a year, when MP2 or even 3 is available.

But to be more honest (if possible) I must concede the Solid Edge developers that I have seen very stable initial releases of SE over the last years.

regards
Wolfgang

I'm intresting of the news of the upgrade! To eveluate if we should upgrade.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@peterolofsson the details on SE2020 have not been released yet, I believe the official release will be @ https://web.cvent.com/event/3a9f021c-0b25-48a8-a092-e09f58de815b/summary

Stay in contact with your reseller and you will be informed on the news (I believe you are in Sweden, right?)

Good luck /Ulf

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Legend
Legend

As stated by Wolfgang the development team delivers very, very stable initial releases.. 

I always convert on the day that the download becomes available and never had probems the last 10 - 15 years. 

After the installation, take your time to go through the whats new section and testdrive the new features and method so that you take advantage of all the new stuff that will make your day brighter..

Kind regards,

Jan Bos

Emmen, The Netherlands

Legend
Legend

@uk_dave

When does a release become end of life?

Solid Edge 2019 MP4 - Windows 10 - K2000