Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shoulder pain from mouse, Stylus?

Legend
Legend

Using a Logitech M570 Trackball here, took a couple of days to get used to it, but really comfortable. It feels weird going back to a mouse & I have much more room on my desk, as it doesn't move.

Solid Edge 2019 MP4 - Windows 10 - K2000

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good to know, a cheap wacom is good enough. The more expensive can 'feel' more variations in pressure and the angle of your pen on the tablet, but for CAD work that's not needed. These things are more for artwork.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2019 user

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Fully agree with @TheodoreTurner

Fire cannot fight fire; pain inflicted by one technology cannot be overcome using another.

Regular exercise is the key to keep RSI away.

I have experienced this myself and simple warm-up or stretching exercises like Yoga can go long way to avoid such problems.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I call this ailment "mousetitis".   I agree with others that ergonomics is major contributor to the cause and solution to this problem.  I'm guilty of slouching over the course of a day.  Tension can also build up without even realizing it.

Of course, I like to blame my shoulder problems on  skateboard and BMX bike crashes I had when I was about 14 but these days pushing a mouse around seems to cause more pain.   I can't blame it on throwing out my arm playing baseball because I'm left handed.  Smiley Happy

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1