Show/Hide specific Occurrences in an Assembly.asm File

Creator
Creator

I am driving an animation of a Solid Edge Assembly file using Visual Basic driven by an Excel Spreadsheet.  I need the ability to hide or show very specific occurrences of the first level of the BOM from time to time.  I may have 5 occurrences of an Component1.asm in an assembly file.  Is there a way to grab the Placement Name of the third instance, ie: Component1.asm:3, of the top level and choose to show or not show it?

I have a working animation where I am driving variables inside Solid Edge to produce motion, but I am having trouble trying to show or hide very specific components at specific animation movement locations.  

Example: Simple assembly file structure.

Project.asm

Component1.asm:1

Component1.asm:2

Par1.par:1

Par2.par:1

Component1.asm:3   <==  Hide this one

Par1.par:2

Component1.asm:4

Thanks

Don

4 REPLIES

Re: Show/Hide specific Occurrences in an Assembly.asm File

Are you asking how to do this manually or via the API? Manually consider configuration.

Via API you should post in the developer forum: http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Developer-Forum/bd-p/SEDeveloperForum

Creator
Creator

Thanks.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

If you are running ST8 you may be able to do what you need with the new Variable Table Motor. It drives a value a specified distance and all other variables update etc. You can set the direction +/- and reverse the direction in the timeline.

In the timeline (In ERA evironemnt) you can add show/hide events to occurrences.

In the automation level you will need to get occurrences collection from the active ASM document

Find your occurrence using the name.

Once you do this you can set the Visible setting to False.

Hope this helps.

Art

Creator
Creator

Thanks Art,

I will give that a try.

Don