Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Show Intersection lines on drg?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MattS

no, as mentioned in previous post, they are drawn in view.

I have created two small circles and reltated the center on both lines, so they stay at intersection always.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad i compare with SW because it is a very good piece of software, there should be no issue with that. comparing helps making them both good as each other, as developers read forums and pick up on ideas! remember its healthy competition. 

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@YD

that video doesnt show what i want. and its not the same as SW as i showed in my video as there is no mark to indicate where the intersection is on the drawing. 

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Legend
Legend

As you mature in your career, you will find that not one software is "perfect", and no two are exactly the same.There are often ways to accomplish the same results. There were a lot of mouse clicks required to get the end results in that first video. I'm pretty sure you can follow the previous suggestions, and do it via draw in view, in no more required steps.

When you measure to the outside intersections, it surely isn't confusing to anyone where you are dimensioning to, and requiring dots or extension lines, is it?

Hi @Trikefreak

good answer!

And for the given example, a deimsnion to the sharp, virtual corner does not make any sense in practice.

For a sheet metal bend less than 90 degress You will use the tangent anyway, isn't it?

So this request more or less is a more theoretical for that given situation.

But I agree to @MagRiz an option for showing those extensions would be fine too.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@hawcad @Trikefreak 

they may not be needed for a laser cutter or a computer programmed machine as they would use most like use the DXF version of a part. But now imagine someone physically inspecting a part. (or even making a part by hand.) they would need to know where two lines meet before a radius/ fillet is applied to that corner. 

remember i'm more interested in a solution to my request, but do feel free to continue a discussion on the subject or challenge me if you like. it just makes us all better engineers! 

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Hi @MagRiz

but for a sheet metal part this virtual corner will be got very hard.

OK, for a milled/turned part there this dimension could be interesting or to say it better, should be used.

Nevertheless SE will do this virtual dimensioningin parts by itself, so creating them in 3D and retrieveing in draft even makes it easier to get, but they can be creating in draft too, using the mentioned intersection capability.

And - Yes - an automated showing of extension lines and intersection points would be fine!

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Inside intersection points are usually very difficult to show clearly, especially if the radius is small.

I would just add a subfix to the dim saying "TO INTERSECT."

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @MagRiz,

I know this is not, what you're looking for but it's what is now possible with Solid Edge -I think!-

https://youtu.be/RjQok8b57L0

Regards,

Yasser