Showing Surfaces in Drawing Views

I’m sure most of you will know how to do this either this way or more likely a slightly more long winded way. I created this for my company and thought others might like to 'borrow' it. 

To show constructions and surfaces in a drawing views that have these items missing; such as pumps and imported items from other CAD software such as engines and motors, please follow the steps below.

On ST8.

Put down just 1 view (not ISO/DI)  of the item; as any principal views you create will inherit the changes in the dispaly properties.

Click Right mouse button, click [Properties]

Select the [Display] Tab

Click the [Parts List Options] button above the parts list (4th button along of 5)

Select [List Constructions] (Ensure all levels on parts list are selected).

Now Right click on the top level part and click [Select all Occurrences]

Notice the show tick in the ‘Selected Parts Display’ section has now turned to a blue square showing some items are not shown, change this back to a Tick

If running off a configuration you will need to deselect the ‘Match’ tick box at the bottom

Click Apply then Ok; then update your view, all Surfaces are now showing.

Any principal views taken off this view will now show the surfaces.

NB; to remove surfaces from a view you need to un-show all parts, you get an error, then de-select List Constructions, highlight top level, then show parts and you are back to showing solid bodies only.

Chris

ST8 MP11 / ST9 MP02