Showing parts in exploded views that have been changed!!!!!!!!!

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I have an assembly that has an exploded view.  Now I have changed some fasteners in this assembly by adding in a total of 72 nuts, bolts, and washers.  This of course has resulted in the exploded view needing some work because it has now changed.  What I would dearly like to do is simply show the fasteners so I can tweak the view.  Now, outside the explode render animate (ERA) environment it is easy because all you do is right-click the fastener group and go "Show All".  Easy, right?  Not so easy within the ERA environment.  There, the right-click command is not available and you have to drill down into every single fuggin fastener and click the check box to show it.  There are 72 bolts each with a nut and washer that I have to expand out and click the check box to show.  Four times seventy-two plus four equals nearly three hundred clicks just to show the fasteners results in one very angry camper!  Somebody please say there is an easier way!  Or is this worthy of an ER?

6 REPLIES

Re: Showing parts in exploded views that have been changed!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

That's odd, I can Hide/Show parts within the ERA.

Try selecting the "name" of the assembly for full tree action.....or multi-selcting the parts in pathfinder, then right click over one of them. Does that work for you?

ST8_ASM_ERA_Explode_RMB-Hide-Show.png

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

PLM World Member Legend

Hi Sean,

Within ERA, if the view is not exploded (i.e. the default configuration is active as it is when you first enter ERA) then yes, the show and hide via. right-click behaviour works as expected.  HOWEVER, once you activate the exploded view by selecting the explode configuration then the new parts disappear and so does the right-click functionality.

Make up an exploded view and you will see what I mean.

Cheers,

Chris

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Nope...still works here.

ST8_ASM_ERA_Explode_RMB-Hide-Show[2].png

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

PLM World Member Legend

Right you are.  Wish I had known that yesterday.  However, you still cannot right-click on any fastener system.  See below.  So if you have some parts you want to keep hidden then you are SOL.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

"SOL"  .... Robot LOL

That must be something pertinent to using the Fastener System.

Does the "Show All" RMB menu, over the main assembly title, not even offer that functionality either?

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

PLM World Member Legend

Correct, it works over the main assembly title.  It's the fasteners that are the problem in ERA.