SigmaNest Compatible with ST7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We use SigmaNest software for nesting of our sheet metal parts cut on plasma.  Does anyone else that is using ST7 utilize SigmanNest?  I am having trouble getting info from them concerning compatibility with ST7.  We are currently on ST5, but I am being asked to look into any roadblocks for a switch.

12 REPLIES

Re: SigmaNest Compatible with ST7

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm currently shopping for nesting software. Here is what I have found.

In theory Sigma nest, Metamation, and Radan all have viable solution.

The company I work for tried sigma nest and could never work the the bugs with the DXF transfer.

Right now Metamation is my favored choice because from what I can see, there software is slick and expandable. They can import directly from Solid Edge with no issues.

Radan is a workflow breaker for me. Either DXF or let there software populate the flat patterns in solid edge.

All of them want about 15K for one seat and 26K for two.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My company has been using SigmaNest for the 10 years that I have been here, so I am unable to look at alternatives; but, I did get some feedback from SigmaNest.  Their version 10.2 SP1 does work with ST7 Solid Edge models.  Thank you for the reply!

Phenom
Phenom

12GAGE, what bugs were you seeing with the Sigmanest DXF transfer that could not be overcome?

-Dylan Gondyke

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

That all happend before I started working here, so I'm not sure. What I was told was the DXF transfer had problem. Don't know if it was the export or import.

Phenom
Phenom

I'm interested in hearing the opinions of people who use or have tried Sigmanest, if anyone cares to share!

-Dylan Gondyke

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'm also interested if others are working well with sigma nest.

Metamation is more expensive, slicker, and has more options available for integration with a data base for managing orders. They are my current selection for good nesting software.

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

You didn't hear this from me, but I have been through (3) CAM packages in the last 20 years. They don't operate like Solid Edge. They will negotiate their pricing, so don't take there first quote as gospel. Haggle with them as they will discount to win your business.

HTH,

Ryan

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Most of them want 15K for one seat. What is the most you have negotated off of that, 1/3rd?

PLM World Member Genius PLM World Member Genius
PLM World Member Genius

I don't think it was that much, but we were also buying more than just one seat. Usually 2-3 floating licenses, laser/punch and plasma with nesting as well. I know the Solid Edge importer is extra for all the systems but that little jewel will pay for the whole system just in the time savings. Depending on how many seats and how much you send through it will determine how long that takes. For us, it was less than a year.

--
Ryan Gudorf
CAD/CAM Supervisor
Budde Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
Solid Edge V20
NX11.0.1
TC10.1.5 32 GB RAM, nVIDIA Quadro K4200