Simplified Part in Assemblies

Genius
Genius

When I simplify a part and then try to show it simplified it in an assembly with Assembly Features, it will not show the simplified part and only show the Designed Part.

I logged an ER with GTAC, but does anyone else have this problem and figured out a workaround?

Thanks,

Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP2 - Insight
11 REPLIES

Re: Simplified Part in Assemblies

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I remember having that problem. Before I upgrade my hardware, I had a few parts I needed to show simplified.

Try the switched for simplified assembly vs. simplified part. I think the show assembly as simplified is what actually changed the parts display.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have the same problem as Dale Smith - I can't make simplified parts show as simplified in a 3D assembly, no matter what I try.

Is this a new thing in ST10? Didn't have that problem before. Like with Dale Smith, my assembly also has assembly features. Which I can't hide in the 3D assembly either.

For now the only way to show simplified parts and to hide assembly features is in a draft from this assembly!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Just tried in an assembly without assembly features, and then the simplified parts can be shown.

Genius
Genius
This is still an issue. The ER7477472 is open.

A workaround is to create iterations of the assembly parts with the features in them so they can be simplified downstream, but that defeats the purpose of Assembly Features.

The last time I brought this issue up at a SE University round table, it was quickly discarded and the next topic was brought up.
Dale Smith
Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc.
ST10 MP2 - Insight

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Is the part you are trying to show simplified have the assembly feature applied to it? If so, then in the assembly it can only display as design part so it can calculate the assembly feature. 

Jamie

Experimenter
Experimenter

I see. But suppressing those assembly features doesn't make a difference.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What if you delete the assembly features? It is happening to all parts in the assembly?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Obviously I don't want to delete those assembly features, I made them for a reason.

But indeed it doesn't happen to all parts in the assembly, parts not affected by assembly features can be shown as simplified in the 3D assembly.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I understand you don't want to, just trying to help troubleshoot. From my experience, suppressed or not, assembly features override simplified parts. If you aren't having trouble with parts not tied to the assembly features, then I think it is working as intended.