Simulation Tab is Gone

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Solid Edge but not to CAD or FEA. I was going through the solid edge "Test Drive" that is included with ST6 and everything went well. I did the section on FEA no problem. 

I have since started a project that I want to do FEA on and the entire simulation tab is gone. 

I

thought I might have screwed this up in one of my setting tweaks so I reset the settings by resetting the registry entry. All other settings changes were reset but still no Simulation tab.

Any ideas? I would normally just reinstall the program, but thats a pain as its a work computer.

Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES

Re: Simulation Tab is Gone

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Right click on the ribbon and select the default theme.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I am also missing the Simulation tab in ST7...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I had to remove my Customization settings in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 107\Customization to get my Simulation tab to show.

Thanks,
Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter
  1. I set the theme to "Balanced- Solid Edge Default" and then restarted Solid Edge. This didn't work, it changed the theme but still no "Simulation" tab
  2. The simulation on/off button isn't there when I click the application dropdown before (or after) opening a part.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any one else have any ideas?

theme.png

applicationbutton.jpg

Experimenter
Experimenter

I just tried what worked for Ken and that didn't help either.

When I started Solid Edge it asked what theme I wanted to use then loaded like normal, still no Simulation tab.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you are missing the Simulation On/Off under the App  button, could it be that your license does not include it?

Thanks,
Ken

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thats what I would have assumed, but it was there for a few days after the program was installed.

I'll just have to check with IT.

Thanks