Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous changing variables; Long loading time after changing Dimensions

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the variable table in Solid Edge. I have very long loading times when I change a Dimension or sometimes even if I add a comment in the last column. If I change it manually this issue doesnt exist. Any ideas?

Is there a way to change multilpe Dimensions/Variables at once, so that Solid Edge calculate only one time to get the customized part?

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Simultaneous changing variables; Long loading time after changing Dimensions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MichaelVoelz

this also is no problem or issue.

You will find an option under the Tools tab of the ribbon bar, called "Automatic Update", which You can turn off.

So now You can change as many variables as You like, but don't forget to update afterwards.

20171213_1908.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Simultaneous changing variables; Long loading time after changing Dimensions

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there another option you have to change to get it work? (video in the attachment)

(view in My Videos)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MichaelVoelz

sorry to say but I can't recognize what YOu what to explain with the video.

You have turned off the Automatic Update and You have changed a variable.

So far so good, but what is the question?

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

@hawcadAs you can see in the video Solid Edge calculate after changing one variable. I try to find a way to change multiple variables before Solid Edge starts to calculate. like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YClBj4qUJk

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MichaelVoelz

Yes You are right.

Even if the option for "Automatic Update" is turned off, any change in the variable table will be updated immediately.

But if You change the dimension value from the dynamic edit of that dimension it still keeps as it was (underlinded) as long as You don't press the update button.

This is, what I assumed (and I think this was exactly so in former versions) to be the same when changing dims from var table.

So this should be logged as IR/PR

regards
Wolfgang