Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch line are fat and blobby!

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

I have a model where I am happily creating sketches and features.  All of a sudden in the latest sketch BAM! the lines are drawn fat and blobby.  The earlier sketches are normal - if you go back into them the line widths are normal Solid Edge stock standard width.  Any new sketches now produce these fat lines that are akin to drafting with a thick felt pen.  This behaviour is random and I have seen it a few times over the years but there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it.  Now when I say " a few times" I mean probably less than five times over the last decade.  I do not believe it is a graphics card issue - I have a Quadro 4000 with driver version 10.18.13.5442.  And I do not have perspective turned on!

Has anybody seen this behaviour?  And is there any reason for it?  This is with ST9 MP09.

7 REPLIES

Re: Sketch line are fat and blobby!

PLM World Member Legend

Interestingly I find that if I toggle the line to construction and then back again the line thickness returns to normal.  So now I can end up with a mixture of fat and thin lines.  The line thickness information is retained in the sketch -- if I go back into the sketch later it looks the same - with a mixture of fat and thin lines.  That points to there being a bug in the sketcher.  Don't ask me to repeat the behaviour - a new instance of it might not happen again for a year or two.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @chrisstandring,

Not seen this strange one before........is it possibly even file [the one you access every "other" year] specific?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

PLM World Member Legend

Hi @SeanCresswell, it is file-specific in this instance and in all other instances.  This file I have never accessed before because I created it today.  The next file I created after this one does not have the issue nor the ones before it.

It is not machine-specific as the problem is also seen when I open the file on another machine.

PLM World Member Legend
Has nobody ever seen this behaviour? Seriously?

@chrisstandringI haven't seen it nor have I had any users complain about it.

What OS are you running, and my Quadro driver version is 376.99.  Might try updating it...?

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019

PLM World Member Legend

@KennyG, I am running Windows 7 Pro (64-bit).  I'll have a look at the update thing and see if it makes any difference.

We are pretty much all Win 10 here now.  IT hasn't forced everyone to upgrade yet but most took the voluntary upgrade once we turned it on after upgrading to ST9 (we were ST6 prior).

Most graphical issues we have seen have been the result of the Win 10 upgrade and thus needing new graphics drivers.  Installing the new Win 10 NVIDIA drivers have resolved any graphic issues we had.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP6
Testing: SE 2019