Sketching in ordered, How to revert to previous way of viewing

Creator
Creator

We have installed ST6 and I see that once again we are having the syncronous way of doing things rammed down our throats. Case in point is trying to sketch anything in ordered as the definition of a feature. In ST4/5 when you click on the plane for say an extrusion the view changes to look at that face "square on". Now instead it is more ordered like and a nuiisance as I find myself locked into the view I was in when I clicked and this is not good, it makes drawing sketches harder and frankly is a step backwads (and one of the major reasons i don't use syncrnous). I am very dissapointed by this move, it was not neccessary and it could be done before anyway by dragging the view with the centre mouse button pressed. I know I can "look at face" with the buttons on the status bar but that invariably does not put the view up the right way for me.

If there any way of reverting this ridicolus behaviour ? siemen bang on about how it requires so few mouse clicks to do stuff in soldif edge and how it's fast to work with, well not any more.....

2 REPLIES

Re: Sketching in ordered, How to revert to previous way of viewing

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Sparky,

Pretty sure this has been an "option" for many years.....have a look in Solid Edge Options > General tab....near the bottom there are two things to set under "When entering Profile/Sketch".
1) Draw in active model window
2) Orient the window to the selected plane
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Sketching in ordered, How to revert to previous way of viewing

Creator
Creator

Lovely, thank you