Slow rection time with material table

Has anyone else noticed a huge slow down when switching from the material tab to the gage tab?  We do pull the materail table off the network, but it wasn't slow in ST6.

4 REPLIES

Re: Slow rection time with material table

Hey Mike,

Launch task manager and check if it is opening multiple instances of excel.

Technical Support at AllyPLM solutions

Mike,

There is an existing problem report open with Siemens regarding this issue. If you are running the Gage table off of a mapped network drive it can cause issues. Using an UNC path has been proven to fix the issue until Siemens can look more into the problem.

Technical Support at AllyPLM solutions

It does pop an Excel process for a brief period.  I have the preferences set to pull the material table from a network drive, but we do not use Excel to drive the gage table.

[ Edited ]

ST9 was a huge improvement over ST8.

ST8 was much slower than ST7

ST7 was about the same as ST6

If you are using large amounts of gages, like i am (I have about 50 right now), then ST8 was painfully slow, 12 to 18 seconds to open. 

Right now I'm on ST9mp4, it take about 3 seconds to open w/ 50 gages in the XLS tables.

These times are for a very fast BOXX computer, so your times could be double this if you are using slower machines.

One thing that helps a bit is seporating the gages into tabs of the gage table.

In theory this was improved w/ ST9mp5, but I have yet to install.

The open time is directly proportional to the number of gages.

And to be consistant, and comment on realted things, If there was a way to edit the gage of more than one sheet in an assembly at a time this would be much less of an issue!