Solved! Go to solution

Smart Quantities

I'm having trouble showing smart quantities in my callouts.  Is there something I'm missing?

Also, is there by any chance a way to replace the symbols with text (to keep with my company's format)?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

3.JPG

4 REPLIES

Re: Smart Quantities

Matt,

Did you add %QN to the hole types on the Feature Callout tab?

If you ever see it report 0 try Ctrl+Shift+Update Views command.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

No Jason, I did not.  Not quite sure how the Smart Depth and Feature Callout tabs interact with each other.  I guess I thought that since the "thru" suffix came automatically from the Smart Depth tab, the Quanitity callout would also be there.

I've always just used multiple custom callouts for different features to get the formatting that I wanted, but would like to start just using the %HC all the time.  I have some more reading and experimenting to do.

Thanks,

Matt

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author MattS
‎10-11-2016 07:46 AM

%HC means go determine the hole type on the Feature Callout tab.

Then if you use %ZH or %ZT or %QN in any of the hole type fields it will continue to the Smart Depth tab.

If the quantity of the holes returned is 1 from that tab then it will ignore everything in the field for quantity like "X" or "PL" etc... Thats cool (smart).

But if you use "%QA X" directly in the hole type field on the Feature Callout Tab you get 1 X even if there is just one hole.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Got it.  Thanks Jason.  The Counterbore area in Feature Callout tab was missing info. and confusing me.

Thanks again.