Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge 2019 - Maintenance Pack 6 Announcement

Legend
Legend

Ken,

I have not typically needed to run as admin, that was my point, just seemed odd. Maybe this was a windows update change or a change to our antivirus&security package here at work. It might have nothing to do with SE at all... but I just did a update patch on my autocad install and didn't need to run it as admin so who knows.

I have submitted a few things to GTAC for ER, as far as I know none have been put in, guess it takes a few yearly releases to get stuff in.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @nanan00 

I have learned  it by the hard way, that from the days of Windows 7 it always is better to install any software by RMB "Run As Administrator".

This not only was true for SE but also for any other application wether office, graphics, drivers, ETS.

I have seen that not doing so had some entries not been written into registry, some files not saved under c:/programs, and so on.

From that time on I always have done it as mentioned, minimized my problems and also have recommended it to all my collegues and partners.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@nanan00 Just putting in an ER does not guarantee you will get it, but not putting in one will guarantee you won't... Smiley LOL

Timing wise, any ER submitted needs to be in before planning starts for the next release to even have a chance to make it into that release.  My guess is that it is probably at least 18 months prior to the release to be considered, but could be less/more as it is, as I mentioned, a guess. 

From what I understand, ER's from all the different customers are looked at by planning and grouped together in functionally similar buckets.  The size of the bucket determines the priority outside of other considerations (product vision/direction, competitive pressures, PR's, round tables).  Sometimes individual ER's are 1 off requests that are just not practical to implement.  That's why some folks will post their ER # and Description here asking for other users to log an Incident Report to append to their ER in order to push it up in rank.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com