Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge 2019 is officially released to customers

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

All,

It is with great pleasure that I announce the release of Solid Edge 2019 (219.00.00.091)!!  Solid Edge 2019 is another multilingual release – it includes all 14 languages.  Additional Solid Edge 2019 Portfolio products will continue to release over the coming weeks and months.

The multilingual Solid_Edge_2019.exe is available for download NOW from the GTAC download site: https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/download.phpCustomer license files have been generated for eligible maintenance customers. These are available in SAP and are being sent to eligible customers via email at this time.   If you have not received your license file email, V219 license files are available for download on the License Manager site:

https://www2.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/LicenseManagement/Application 

We are posting the full Solid Edge 2019 DVD downloadable files now to the "Media DVD" folder. We are also actively working to update all other download sites (i.e. Academic, Trial, Free 2D, Solid Edge Viewer, and so forth) as soon as possible.  The process to upgrade subscription customers is underway and should be rolling out soon.

Like ST10, Solid Edge 2019 is download-only. DVDs can be requested by emailing dsom.plm@siemens.com, including the customer install number in the email text and “Solid Edge 2019” as the email subject.

Thank you all for your adoption of Solid Edge 2019.  We have a wonderful product and an awesome Solid Edge community.

Enjoy!

Laura

Laura Watson

Director, Solid Edge Technical Operations and Market Initiatives

34 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge 2019 is officially released to customers

Phenom
Phenom

Does the "media dvd" download include the solid edge 2019.exe file within it, or is it composed of what? Just wondering if I need to download the media dvd and the 2019.exe file or if I just download the media dvd I will be covered???

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Legend
Legend

Just download the dvd set, thats the full version. 

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

@LauraWatson, it would probably be helpful to have some kind of explanation on what files need to be downloaded and what are just supplementary or optional.  The collection of files is confusing as-is.  For example, what is on the DVD that is not on Solid_Edge_2019.exe?  I am guessing that the Media DVD = Solid_Edge_2019.exe plus all the other folders minus all the other languages.  An explanation would be helpful as otherwise you are just guessing.  Otherwise, looking forward to loading SE 2019!

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@chrisstandring

The Solid_Edge_DVD_ENGLISH_2019.exe includes:

• SE Install
  • License Server
  • SDK
  • Standard Parts Admin
  • Data Migration Tools
  • Fast Search for Server
  • Mold Tooling
  • Electrode Design

Solid Edge 2019.exe is just the SE Install.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

@KennyG, thanks.  That is the sort of explanation that is needed up front.  What is in each file and what needs to be downloaded.  Cheers!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Are files backwards compatible?

That would make the upgrade process a lot more easy.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2019 user

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there anything new for the regular user that don't have all the additional add ons? Has the user interface been improved? Syncronous improved in sheet metal? Thanks G

Phenom
Phenom

@Redcad2 I've attached the what's new document. The changes to SE itself are not world changing, but I do see a lot of nice features and improvements.

@Joris I would assume that ST10 will not open ST2019 files as is the norm. At the very least the Parasolid version is newer, but from the pdf attached, it seems there's a lot of changes to suit the new manufacturing and electrical environments which I'd imagine will also be breaking changes. Unless anyone wants to correct me, assume the answer is No.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Let's also, not discount the number [can't recall the actual quoted #]of ER's closed in SE-2019....and the value therein.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP2] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000