Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge 2019 is officially released to customers

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The following text is from the readme just added to the GTAC download site. 

I hope it helps.

Laura

The Solid_Edge_2019.exe is the core Solid Edge installation, all languages.

Note: This download does not include language-specific applications or additional admin tools. If you need everything (Solid Edge, Data Migration tools, Electrode Design, Fast Search, License Manager, Mold Tooling, SDK Tools, and Standard Parts Administrator) please download the specific language from the Media DVD folder.

The Media DVD folder contains core Solid Edge and language-specific versions of the files you would receive if you requested physical media. The Media DVD downloads exists as the DVD includes applications that are language-specific (such as Mold Tooling and Electrode Design).

The additional subfolders (Data Management, Standard Parts, View & Markup, etc.) contain associated applications with language variations where available.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

@LauraWatson, Can you please advise when the V219 licence file will be uploaded to GTAC as it does not appear in the Passwords and License Files drop-down list (can only see versions 20 to 110 inclusive).

Cheers,

Chris

Legend
Legend

Same problem here, how can it be that some people already have access and I can't reach the licence file?

Sander
The Netherlands

Community Manager

Hopefully those will be available early this week.  We were asked to wait until the month of June was closed.  Now that it's July, V219 should be added quickly.

Thank you for your patience.

Laura

Community Manager

We just received word from SPD:

"License Management and PartnersXpress have been updated with the new Solid Edge 2019 (V219)."

Legend
Legend

@LauraWatson

Thank you for the information!

Sander
The Netherlands

Legend
Legend

@LauraWatson

Our IT informed me that our virus scanner (Kaspersky) sees Solid Edge 2019.exe has an Trojan with high risk. What could be te reason for this?

Sander
The Netherlands

Community Manager

@Sander-NL

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. As noted in the readme file, we have had instances of virus scanners providing a false positive against Solid Edge files.  We have investigated such cases and were able to substantiate and resolve many of them.  As long as your version of Solid Edge 2019 has the correct digital signature, this is likely another instance of a false positive. All of our products follow a rigorous screening and verification process prior to release.

GTAC logged PR 8383874 on your behalf, so we can investigate this case closer.  Please private message me the details of your IT team's scan and findings, and I’ll add this to your PR to expedite our vetting process.

Thanks again,

Laura

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Could be a false positive.  Kaspersky has a location to check and report false positives.

https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com/?_ga=2.153875007.687530834.1531411432-1646245056.1531411432

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello, 

Do you know if SolidEdge 2019 can be used with Teamcenter12, I beleive that it is currently not officially supported, Since I cannot find the SEECFeaturePackageTc12 subfolder in Teamcenter_Integration_for_SE_Admin_ST2019. Only is available for TC11.2.