Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge 2019

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

All,

Here's some exciting news to start your weekend.

We wanted to let our Solid Edge community know in advance that this summer’s release of Solid Edge will officially be named Solid Edge 2019 (instead of Solid Edge ST11).  As we are rapidly expanding the Solid Edge portfolio beyond CAD, this release version change will keep Solid Edge product versions aligned and consistent (i.e. Solid Edge 2019, Solid Edge 3D Publishing 2019, Solid Edge Illustrations 2019, and so forth).  We selected Solid Edge 2019 to be consistent with the year in which most of the products’ usage will take place. It’s kind of like you see with cars where the model year comes out the year before.

Here are some of the changes you can expect with the rename to Solid Edge 2019:

• The Solid Edge 2019 default installation folders is located under the Program Files\Siemens folder.  The 2019 default folder structure is Program Files\Siemens\Solid Edge 2019. 
  • The 2019 registry entries move under the Siemens node for both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.  The Solid Edge node is named Solid Edge 2019.  The Version node is eliminated and the current folders move under the Solid Edge 2019 folder.  Subsequent releases will add a folder at the level of Solid Edge 2019 and populate the registry entries below that node.
  • Solid Edge 2019 AppData folders are populated under the Siemens folder.  The 2019 folder structure is AppData\Roaming\Siemens\Solid Edge 2019.  Subsequent releases will create a new folder at the same level as 2019.
  • Solid Edge 2019 build numbers change from 111.00.00.xxx to 219.00.00.xxx.
  • v219.0 replaces v111.0 in on-line Incident reporting and other Siemens on-line applications

Have a great weekend!

Laura Watson

Solid Edge Release Manager

40 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge 2019

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

R.I.P  "Unigraphics Solutions" ...

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom

Yep. But Siemens isn't the only one with legacy name issues. SolidWorks still uses Conisio (2006) in its PDM software install and registry entries.

But yes I agree. R.I.P. Unigraphics Solutions.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

OK, since you said Insight ends after ST11 you've rescinded that decision? Smiley Happy

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@bshand   Insight ends with Solid Edge 2019 (nice try though). :-) 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Opssss, it's a little bit strange but... I love it. Good bye good old days!

SE2019.png

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

As suggested recently by industry expert Ralph Grabowski in this article, Solid Edge NG1 would have been a cool name, which he justified as the addition of next-generation design tools like reverse engineering, convergent modeling, generative design and 3D printing... and I subscribe.

Anyway, Welcome Solid Edge 2019!

~Tushar Suradkar

Production: ST10

Beta Testing: ST11 (oops! Solid Edge 2019)

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Are you telling us that Synchronous Technology will be removed? No way!

Just kidding.

The current naming convention sort of confused new users as to which one is the latest. This will end now at least.

Paras Raina
Sr. Application Engineer | Solid Edge ST10 | NX 11
MSC Systems Pvt. Ltd. (India)

Phenom
Phenom

I've never understood this naming convention where you use next year - why not SE 2018?

(Probably because Solid Works etc etc..... and you can't be a year behind them can you)

A bit like 'Car of the Year 2018'  announced in January (what if they all keep breaking down?)

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Does this mean that the Solid Edge ST11 will not be released until 2019 and no longer in 2018?
ST09 MP12 - DBSolid Edge R16 2.4 - Windows 10 x64