Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Solid Edge 2020 Announcement

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Keye I would not expect any loss of functionality for prior purchased perpetual licenses in 2020.  I would expect that, if for instance "Premium" was losing a simulation function or two, they would upgrade you with an equal number of either "Simulation" or "Simulation Advanced" licenses that had the simulation capabilities that 2019 Premium had.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Phenom
Phenom
Anyone from Siemens care to comment? This is an important issue..

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

A few things I can remember off hand of new features I'm looking forward to.

1) Reverse engineering tools- (.stl editing)

• "remesh" command
  • auto center mesh to origin
  • intersection of mesh will create true lines or arcs (based on the identify regions command)  as opposed to tiny lines from each triangle face-Love this!!!

2) Sheet metal- New lofted flange command that'll create true to life  bends when selecting the triangulation method.

-Craig

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@hjoy 

pls follow the tip from @BenWeisenberger

"If you are an existing Solid Edge premium customer, I believe you will be grandfathered in and upgraded to one of the new simulation licenses. Your VAR should be able to help with this and make sure you get what you need. " 

Good luck!

/Ulf

Siemens EMEA GTAC Support

Hi @Ulf_Eriksson 

AFAIK the existing Premium will be changed to Premium and Simulation Basic, but this - in that case - would be a reduction in functionality.

This really is something what needs an official clarification.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@Ulf_Eriksson , I shall, just interested to know if someone could clarify this right away because it could take some time for our VAR to come up with an answer.. I assume @BenWeisenberger  has some kind of source for his hunch, that's what got me intrigued. Fingers crossed...

Highlighted

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

By default you will be provided the "next step up" automatically. There is nothing you need to do -- it will just appear in your license file. If for some reason you don't  want this or want something different, please work with your VAR on this point and we will try to accommodate. 

Default migration path

Solid Edge Premium

(SE388)

·   Solid Edge Premium (SE388) +

·   Solid Edge Simulation Standard (SE386)

Solid Edge Simulation

(SE385)

·   Solid Edge Simulation Advanced (SE387)

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Community Manager

Nesting is a fairly expensive add-on package, because we license the nesting technology from an industry leader in this sector. It is widely considered the most efficient nesting in industry (actually there are two packages -- one that is less efficient and less expensve and one that is more efficient and more expensive). But this is one of those things that should pay back very quickly. If you can reduce material usage signficantly (and I believe you can), then you should be able to pay it back inside of a year or two. 

Dan Staples

Community Manager

Oh, and don't forget you are gettting the full dynamic motion analysis product (including transfer of reaction forces to FEA) in Premium starting in Solid Edge 2020. For those familiar with the Dynamic Designer product (sometimes called DDM) from Design Simulation Technologies --  formerly sold independently for about $6K. The new capability in Premium is essentially that -- at no extra cost. 

Dan Staples

@dcstaples Is DDM also included in the Classic license, or in the Simulation licenses?

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com