Solid Edge Alternate Position Assembly ST9

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have gone through Solid Edge Alternate Position Assembly command. But could not find what I require.  Is it possible to suppress a mate and activate a specific mate in a position.  I have created three mates and want to create three positions. The three mates will be active in different positions. If it is possible then how.  

4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Alternate Position Assembly ST9

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The relationships can only be suppressed or unsuppressed in Alternate Position assemblies when the 'Apply edits to all members' option is checked - they cannot be suppressed in some members and unsuppressed in other members. The offset values can be overridden in the different members when 'Apply edits to all members' is unchecked, but if you need the suppression states to be different, you would need to use a regular Family of Assemblies.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Experimenter
Experimenter
Ok Regular Family of Assemblies worked well. When we put this type of assembly in another assembly it ask which position you want to place. Which we can select. But after placing it how can we change its position while working in the main assembly. I was not able to find that.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Once it has been placed into the main assembly, you can use the Replace Part command to select a different member with the position you want. To do that, select the assembly and run the Replace Part command. Select the check mark to accept the occurrences of that assembly you want to replace and you will then be shown a list of the family of assembly members that you can use to replace the current member (the current member will not be shown in the list):

foareplace.png

Hope this helps,

Greg

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank for the response with your guidance I was abe to do what I require. 

Here are the example of application of this tools which I leant with your help.