Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Edge Assembly query

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have an ST9 query on how to find the second moment of area of an assembly section.

You can do this for a part in the draft environment by creating a section, evaluating the area and then clicking on the properties of the co-ord system that appears.

Is there a way to do this to a large assembly?

I have tried converting it to a part (by saving it as a stp then importing into part environment), giving me over 2000 design bodies, but when in the draft it still is selecting individual areas.

I have tried to unionize all design bodies but SE cannot compute for some reason.

Can I select more than one area?

Any help would be much appreciated as this calculation would take a very long time by hand.

2 REPLIES 2

Betreff: Solid Edge Assembly query

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Cheggers

I must ask this question, but what for should this be good?

What can a moment of area be used for in the content of an assembly?

And You can directly import/open an assembly within a part, no need for anexport/import via step.

There are features/functions in SE2019 to create a single boody out of an assembly.

But if You have a section You can use the draft section option to only show the section itself, and nothing else.

These curves can be used for buidling a closed region in draft.

But again, at the moment I can not see the usage for that.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Solid Edge Assembly query

Phenom
Phenom

fabricated beams?

->If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.
->If you have started a thread and a response solves the problem or answers the question you asked, then please mark it as solution. Note, there can be multiple solutions for a thread.