Solid Edge CAD Management

Builder
Builder

Can anyone point me in the direction of a data management systems on the market that can be used for Solid Edge ST6. I have seen that there is something called Teamcentre available but no indication anywhere of how much this costs to buy ? ? Looking for products that can be used as a DMS (drawing management system) with Solid Edge without having to pay ridiculously high costs for the software and forced to invest in training. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Anthony

47 REPLIES

Betreff: Solid Edge CAD Management

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

You got a PM

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Builder
Builder

Hello, please explain what you mean

Phenom
Phenom

Hi 

I have sent You a private mail.

Have a look on it

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom
Why not in public? I (and many with me) could be helped out also.
...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Re: Solid Edge CAD Management

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom
@agoodwin,

Teamcenter is ridiculously expensive. I wouldn't even consider it unless you are a major manufacturer in the aerospace, defense, automotive, or medical industries and you have external requirements forcing you into a solution like Teamcenter.

You can try the built-in Sharepoint SP. It's much more affordable and many companies already use Sharepoint as their network backend (intranet). I'm waiting for the day Solid Edge works with Office 365 and Sharepoint Online.

Besides that, Designer Data Manager (DDM) isn't bad, Aras PLM is very affordable depending on how much tech support you need, otherwise I'd go into something less PLM and more cloud based storage like GrabCAD, Kenesto, or even Autodesk PLM 360, but you might be disappointed in the integrations.

If you do not mind cloud based, you could always try GrabCad

Owner: Scott Lester Drafting & Design
Designer: Rotork Instuments

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Does Grabcad manage/see the links in SE cad files?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Don't forget there is still the wonderfully mature Insight product -- free [except for any infrastructure costs] Smiley Happy

As for being "forced to invest in training", there is always an investment in training when you change business processes -- whether it be acknowledged and realised up front, or hidden and "lost" in the course of doing business, change always has some form of investment cost.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@uk_dave

I was wondering why no one mentioned Insight.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200