Solid Edge Data Recovery

Experimenter
Experimenter
Good morning

I'm David I'm 23 years old, I'm a mechanical designer.
I registered in this forum because I think I can really help confront people with a lot of experience in the industry.
I am writing to you because in the company where I work, we were attacked by a virus that rewrote the server master boot, where we have 10 years of design with Solid Edge ST.
In addition to the server, the virus came into an external us where we had a server backup.
Now the situation and we were able to retrieve the files from the hard disk of the server with renee undeleted (files like office package, pdf, etc) but unfortunately the software did not pull out the solid edge extensions (par, psm , Dft, asm, etc.), which were in the same folder as the above files.
CAN YOU INDICATE WHAT ROUTE TO TAKE, WHAT ANY RECOVERY TOOLS CAN FIND THESE FILES?

THANKS IN ADVANCE
3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Data Recovery

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you are covered under maintenance, I would contact your Solid Edge VAR or Siemens PLM GTAC for assistance as they will probably be able to get you an answer quicker and possibly more accurately.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter
Unfortunately I am not covered by maintenance, but I contacted the same dealer who could not give me an answer.
Are there any solid edge file recovery tools?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are no Solid Edge file recovery tools available to recover lost Solid Edge files because of disk corruption.

File recovery would be functionality for third party file recovery tools.  TBH, it makes little sense that you were able to recover all other file formats using your other tools but were unable to recover the Solid Edge files.  Perhaps you should contact your third party file recovery tool tech support and ask them and have them help you determine why their software is apparently unable to recover the Solid Edge files.