Solved! Go to solution

Solid Edge Draft Spell Checker Issue

Just started using Solid Edge at my new Job this week and the first complaint from all Solid Edge users was that Solid Edge does not have a spell checker. I started digging to verify if this was true and I found out there is a Macro built in Solidedge/Microsof office that needs to be mapped to work with Solid Edge. After I set it up according to http://allyplm-solutions.blogspot.com/2012/06/solid-edge-spell-check-feature.html It seems to not scan the notes in the body of my drawing. It only scans some words from the drawing template's tittle blocks only. Has anyone ever ran into the same issue? Please share your experiance. Thank you!

http://allyplm-solutions.blogspot.com/2012/06/solid-edge-spell-check-feature.html

9 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Draft Spell Checker Issue

I'd really appreciate it if someone at least try it out and reply with feedback? Does it work fine for you or no. Thank you!

Just tried it and it checks all the text on the entire document, even in dimension prefixes.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Thanks for Checking Ken. Now that confirms issue has something to do with my template or setting of some sort. Will wait if anyone had to something about the issue I am seeing. 

Thanks again!

What version of Word are you using, and what objects is it not performing spellcheck on (text box, callout, dimensions)?

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bekalu
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

I was having the same issue and I found this on the GTAC Solution Center

-----

Solution:

The Draft SpellChecker uses Microsoft Word finctionality. Microsoft Word has an option (Proofing) to ignore uppercase. Check to see if this is causing the issue. Draft drawings commonly use all capitalized words.

-----

In Microsoft Word, I wen't in File - Options - Proofing and I uncheck beside "Ignore words in UPPERCASE".

Now, spell check is working fine.

(All my notes, callout and dimensions prefix was in uppercase).

HTH,

Michel

I am using Microsoft office 2010. And it is not checking spellings on everywhere but the title block

Thank you! I did the same thing you pointed out and my issue is resolved.

I just recently started using the spell check as described by this post.  I seems to work Ok but there is no place to add words to the dictionary or an ignore all feature.  The issue I have is we use allot of non standard abbreviations and it picks up everything.  This leads to quite a long time to run through 40+ pages of a draft file.  Is there any better method out there since it has been a while since this post?  OR is there a was to customize the macro or add words to the dictionary or use an ignore all.

I believe you still need to go to Word and add those words to the dictionary in use.